- Launched in 2022 by the Swiss private bank Arab Bank Switzerland, the Prize is the first award by a major institution to recognize and celebrate digital artists in the NFT space.
- The jury, presided by Claire Silver, includes Dave Krugman, William Mapan, Marjan Moghaddam, Nicolas Gonet, and Rani Jabban.
- The call for applications of this second edition will open on the theme “Journey(s) in Art: Pushing the Boundaries”’ on January 15, 2024 and will run for two months, offering the winning artist(s) the chance to gain a 15,000CHF prize and visibility opportunities across the globe.
Geneva, 12th December 2023 – After the successful launch of the world’s first Digital Art Prize recognizing NFT artists in January 2023, the private bank Arab Bank Switzerland, patron of the arts and pioneer in digital assets, continues to bridge traditional and digital worlds. This second edition further establishes the Prize as a staple in the digital art field, and sees major creators joining the jury in its quest for the next rising digital artist.The jury will comprise of:
- Claire Silver, President of the second ABS Digital Art Prize, is an anonymous Artificial Intelligence collaborative artist renowned for exploring themes of innocence, trauma, the hero’s journey, and how our view of them will change in an increasingly transhumanist future. Claire’s art can be found in the permanent collection of the LACMA, has been at Sotheby’s London and Christie’s New York, and has been exhibited all over the world.
- Dave Krugman is a New York based talented Photographer and the founder of ALLSHIPS, a creative community gathering artists and creatives. His photography is rooted in the idea that beauty lies at the confluences of certain circumstances, to be uncovered and brought to light by careful observation and well-practiced technique.
- William Mapan, based in Paris, is regarded as one of the most talented generative artists of his generation. William’s ability to convey emotions through code remains unseen. His abstract digital paintings, renowned for their unique interplay of color and texture, evoke tangible emotions as though created from traditional materials like paint, charcoal and graphite.
- Marjan Moghaddam, Winner of the first, 2023 ABS Digital Art Prize, is a leading female 3D artist and OG Crypto Artist exhibiting animation, print, sculpture, installation, and AR/VR. Political refugee from Iran currently living in New York, she recognizes the importance of transmission. She has been exhibited in prestigious galleries and museums, including the Smithsonian and is a Tenured Professor of Digital Art in Brooklyn.
Completing the jury for the second time are Rani Jabban, Managing Director of Arab Bank Switzerland and Nicolas Gonet, President of the Gonet & Cie Board and Member of the Arab Bank Switzerland Board.
Claire Silver, AI-Collaborative Artist and Jury President, commented: “I am honored to be part of the ABS Digital Art Prize jury and to contribute to spotlighting the exceptional work of talented artists worldwide.”
Rani Jabban, Managing Director of Arab Bank Switzerland, added: “We’re proud to be joined by prestigious artists and collectors from the digital art world for the second consecutive year, a reflection of the confidence and importance of this Prize in the space.”
The call for application will start on 15th January until the 15th March 2024 and will need to be related to the theme “Journey(s) in Art, Pushing the Boundaries”. There are no age, country, nationality or selling requirements. This creation, a unique piece, will be minted on the occasion or will have already been minted (eth or tezos) in 2023 or 2024 and still in the possession of the artist.
After a pre-selection and deliberation phase, the jury will announce and celebrate the winner of this second edition during the Non Fungible Conference in Lisbon. In addition to a Prize of 15,000 CHF and being included in the Arab Bank Switzerland’s Digital Art Collection, the winner will be offered significant networking and visibility opportunities at special events around the world.
Zoe de Lantsheere
+44 797 55 27844
+41 78 683 89 38
+33 665 30 32 20
About the ABS Digital Art Prize
In 2023, Arab Bank Switzerland, long-time patron of the arts, launched the world’s first NFT Art Prize to recognize and celebrate NFT art and creators involved in the emergence of this emerging artistic (r)evolution.
The first edition received over hundreds of applications globally on the theme “Between Orient and Occident”, ranging from different art movements, including Generative Art, Artificial Intelligence, Photography, Crypto-Art and Glitch Art. The winner of the 2023 edition was Iranian-American Artist Marjan Moghaddam with her piece “Glitch Intaleqi”, an animated painting exploring the digital aspects of the ideals of Intaleqi or Arabic for freeing oneself, as an experience, feeling and state of being.
The prize, now rebranded as the “ABS Digital Art Prize”, to highlight the evolution of NFTs in art, will see its call for applications open on January 15, 2024 under the theme “Journey(s) in Art: Pushing the Boundaries”.
For more information, please visit: artbyarabbank.ch/en/nft-art-prize/
About Arab Bank Switzerland
Arab Bank (Switzerland) Ltd. was created in Switzerland in 1962, aiming to create a bridge between the Middle Eastern and the Western worlds. The bank has become a trusted partner for high net worth individuals, including business leaders and family entrepreneurs in the MENA region for the past 60 years. Arab Bank Switzerland is the independent, sister company of Arab Bank Plc, one of the biggest banks in the Middle East.
For more information, please visit: www.arabbank.ch